Use ESSER Funds for Studies Weekly
Not sure how to spend your ESSER funds?
Here’s a quick summary of how Studies Weekly qualifies for COVID relief funds, and how our print and online materials can help you meet students’ academic, social, and emotional needs.
ESSER II: Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act
This Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund (ESSER II) gives local education agencies the flexibility to determine how best to use these funds to address the impact of COVID-19, according to the Office of Elementary & Secondary Education. Funds may be used for:
- Learning loss
- Preparing schools for reopening
- Testing, repairing, and upgrading projects to improve air quality in school buildings
- Activities that will support remote learning
Using ESSER II to Purchase Studies Weekly
Studies Weekly qualifies for ESSER II funds because:
- Our digital learning platform supports remote instruction
- Scaffolded articles aid in addressing learning loss
School districts may use ESSER II funds for any Studies Weekly purchases dating back to March 13, 2020.
Deadline for Using ESSER II Funds
- Sep. 30, 2022
ESSER III: American Rescue Plan (ARP)
School districts must spend at least 20% of their ESSER III funds to address learning loss through research-based interventions that meet students’ academic, social, and emotional needs. The remaining funds can be used for anything permitted under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, Individuals with Disabilities Education Act; Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act; and Adult Education and Family Literacy Act.
Funds may be used for:
- Purchasing educational technology
- Providing mental health services and supports
- Implementing summer school and after-school programs
- Addressing the needs of students, including children with disabilities, English learners, racial and ethnic minorities, and students who are homeless or in foster care
Using ESSER III to Purchase Studies Weekly
Studies Weekly curriculum is research-based and provides interventions to meet students’ academic, social, and emotional needs. Our curriculum offers:
- A robust digital learning platform
- SEL program and mental health support
- Consumable materials for summer school and after-school programs
- ELA support to address the needs of all learners
School districts may use ESSER III funds for any Studies Weekly purchases dating back to March 13, 2020.
Deadline for Using ESSER III Funds
- Sep. 30, 2023
Why is it important for school boards and superintendents to get along? Richard Goodman said it best in his book, Getting There from Here: “Strong,
Are parents or teachers asking you if Studies Weekly Well-Being teaches Critical Race Theory? If they do, here are facts that you may share with
Have you heard? Studies Weekly has created a new core K-5 science curriculum that’s fully aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards and incorporates the
Did you know May is Jewish American Heritage Month? In 2006, President George W. Bush declared May as a time to recognize the contributions of